Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Once Upon A...Sketch December Challenge: Favorite Month!

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend, and to those who celebrate, a great Thanksgiving! 

We've just been dumped on with snow, so I thought I'd warm up a bit with a layout I created in my last month designing for Once Upon A...Sketch. I fondly remember back to when it was a goal to be featured at OUAS, and after I managed that, I set a goal to win a challenge, which I did too. I was thrilled! I'd greatly admired the amazing team there and it was such an honor to finally be able to represent this incredible blog with such a wonderful reputation! I truly believe there is not a better challenge blog out there, and so it is sad to say good-bye. But I'm happy to see the incredible lineup of designers who will be joining come January, and I know that OUAS is in VERY good hands :)!

"July"
This month the challenge is to journal about your favorite month. For me, it is undoubtedly July! Summer is finally in full swing during July, and we are always BUSY. The lake is nice and warm for swimming, the gnats have subsided just a little (though mosquitos take over at that point), sunburn, warm evenings, open windows, gardening, four wheeling...I love it ALL. Such an active month for us and we love it!

Here is this month's sketch:






Products Used:
Prima Marketing: Papers, Flowers, Embellishments

I hope you have the chance to play along with us this month!
  Thanks for stopping by :)


12 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

It's beautiful - I love the delicate blue inkiness over the texture in the background, and the contrasting flowers are lovely!
Alison x

Romy said...

It's such a wonderful lay-out for those super cute photos! I love your use of colours and the background texturing.

Patty O'Malley said...

I love this layout, Erin, from the sparkly textured background to the gorgeous flower clusters.

Ashley Horton said...

Love the look of the photo strip Erin, and the b&w photos look great with the dominant Blue on your page!

Lizzy Hill said...

wellll....from your FB pages it does NOT look like this atm!!!! Lovely colours...the glitter & the touch of black netting....perfect:):):)

Lizzyc said...

Gorgeous, the photos look like wonderful memories and love the colors and always love the flowers and textures on the back ground!

Davi said...

A gorgeous LO Erin! I love the texture and the way the colors fade out softly! The layers and flowers make beautiful surround for your fun pics :)

Laurie said...

wow beautiful layout, I love that photo of you and the kids, just precious!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Erin, your page is stunning. You have such balance in color.

Елена Третьякова said...

Wonderful!!! Love your works!

Paper Attic said...

This is beautiful Erin! I read your comments about OUAS, I think it's the best challenge site too, I was always shy about entering, and then I did and I was featured! It REALLY made my day! Really love your texture and the soft blues here, very pretty!

Chantalle said...

And this, well it's simply sublime. Totally inspiring