Friday, January 10, 2014

"Dream" Layout: January MMM Kit

Hello everyone :).

I'm here with you today with one more look at our 
{SOLD OUT
January Magnifique Mixed Media Kit from C'est Magnifique

"Dream"
When it comes to mixed media, you don't always have to go big and bold- even if the colors are as rich and beautiful as the ones in this kit. I chose to dilute the color of the "Raspberry Wine" Silks with some gesso to create the perfect purple/pink shade subtly seen beneath my masked areas. 

Using a wide spatula, I scraped the Silks vertically, up and down my page. 

I then diluted the "African Jade" Silks {again with gesso} and applied just a small amount over the "Raspberry Wine" areas, just as a highlight {seen bottom left}. I wanted to maintain a soft, dreamy feel to my layout.

The other half of my Blue Fern Studios "Ruth's Doily" {leftover from my canvas project} can be seen beneath my photo.

One last look at the January MMM Kit:


Don't miss out on the next one {to be revealed in just a few days!}, see how to Join {HERE}.

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Romy said...

Such a gorgeous, colourful lay-out! Your layering behind the photo looks amazing!

Patty O'Malley said...

Your layout is so pretty with these soft colors, texture and layering. Love it!

Lizzy Hill said...

You sure have gotten soft & dreamy...it's perfect! Love the way you've left that tag plain, too...& SILKS...I have them...never used them. Yeah, hit me now!!! Soooo...scrapping challenge for me today - get them OUT...thanks:):):)!!!!

Words and Pictures said...

What glorious dimensional layers and the Silks look amazing!
Alison x

Davi said...

GORGeous Erin!! Love the way you softened the colors and as always your layers are fabulous :)

Lizzyc said...

This is amazing, all the layers and so much to find on your layout.. gorgeous work!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

So pretty!

Unknown said...

This is just Gorgeous!!! So colorful and cheery...You take beautiful photos of your work!!! XOX

Lynette Jacobs said...

I just want to reach out and touch it. So many textures and layers...it is beyond beautiful.