Sunday, March 2, 2014

3 Projects for Blue Fern Studios!

Good morning, friends!

I'm here with you today to share my February projects. I have a bit of a variety for you, so I hope you have a moment to scroll on through :)

"Snapshots" Canvas
What I tried to focus on this month was specializing each piece with some special chipboard, and showing how you can create something great without a ton of effort. As you can see here, I've left this chipboard film strip raw. I loved the contrast against my brightly colored canvas and it was just what I needed to tone this project down and ground it appropriately.


I really tried to take advantage of this film strip and use its openings to showcase embellishments and even my title quote. 

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Film Strips

On my next two projects I've showcased the "Blue Fern Garden" paper collection.
First, I have a card to share:

"You Are So Loved" Card
I'm still so blown away by the incredibly realistic details on these papers. Look at that butterfly- doesn't it appear to be dimensional, ready to fly away? It's hard to believe that this is a flat patterned paper!

I've chosen to showcase one of the Royal Page Baubles pieces on this card. I first painted it with gesso before using a chalk ink to stamp a design over top. Before the ink had an opportunity to dry, I dusted it with clear embossing powder and set with a heat gun. Finally, I backed the middle of the chipboard piece with a transparency.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Blue Fern Garden: Parlour
Royal Page Baubles

Finally, I have a handmade notebook/mini album/journal to share :)

"Blue Fern Garden Journal"
The base of this journal is cardboard from an empty cereal box. I covered it with Blue Fern Garden papers before hand stitching several pages into the inside.

A really great feature of these papers is it offers the best of both worlds: fantastic imagery which allows you to minimalize your own embellishing, and amazing background papers which work great with mixed media and journaling while providing a pleasant contrast to the more bold papers.




Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Blue Fern Garden Collection
Romantic Page Dangles

Thank-you for stopping by today!
Hope you've had a great weekend :)

11 comments:

JulieR said...

I am really drawn to the colors, textures and arrangement of your 1st project - its my favorite. Th jornal book, again The colors and the papers you chose were great. They seemed vintage yet modern. The ephemera of the last project gave it depth and pop. I hope you loved making your projects as much as I did viewing them. Thank you!

Romy said...

Oh, they are all truly fabulous!

Lizzyc said...

You have been busy, these look so beautiful..

Davi said...

Beautiful projects Erin! I love your first one with the great textures and use of your chipboards. The Card is Wonderful and your notebook is fabulous :)

Patty O'Malley said...

Fantastic projects, Erin! The doilies on the papers look so real!

Laurie said...

gorgeous! love all the little details and light pretty colors, perfect :)

Brendaxx said...

It all looks amazing! Beautiful colors,texture and details! Love it:)

misty said...

These are all so beautiful! I really love that paper too. Didn't realize they made paper! :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Beautiful....love the colors, texture, and amazing detail!

Unknown said...

If you're still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Cardsharing Server Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then you'll know which is right for you.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a gorgeous canvas and your card is just stunning, Erin!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace