Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Card and a Tag for Webster's Pages!

So it was brought to my attention by two separate individuals yesterday that my blog has been very quiet. And it definitely has...for a while now. And when I think back to the way I used to blog and the open honesty I had with you all, I'm feeling like I really need to get back to that.

The truth is, life is more than just busy. As a SAHM, there aren't a lot of opportunities to make money, unless those opportunities allow you to work when your husband is home (meaning evenings and weekends). I take on cleaning jobs here and there to help support my family, and starting in the spring (and especially the summer), those hours really pick up. Which is where I've been for a while now...just about every spare moment outside of my SAHM life, I'm working. On top of that, I manage our hobby farm which consists of nearly 100 animals who house 4 different coops. Meaning lots of maintenance in every aspect. I also run an Etsy shop online which takes a good portion of my time. And of course this time of year, it's gardening galore. We built a massive garden this year which took time in itself, not to mention creating all of the beds by hand, making/mixing all of my own dirt by hand, etc etc etc...basically, there are days where I feel so far in over my head I swear I might drown.

But every night, I remind myself of what must ALWAYS come first: my kids. I'm a mom FIRST. All these things come secondary to that...and my brushed aside hobby and love of scrapbooking sadly has come last. Mainly due to needing to better organize everything and balance it all.

So I'm going to try and balance better. I have projects that I've created "just for fun", believe it or not, that I just haven't taken the time to get on my blog. So...I've created a schedule for my blog to follow so that my posts are more consistent. For myself, if for nothing else. 

And as you all probably know, CHA is around the corner...meaning lots of behind-the-scenes stuff going on that I can't yet share with you. But today I have a card and a tag that I created for Webster's Pages just for fun. :)

"Make Each Day Count" Tag
Here I dug into my "oldies but goodies" stash and had a blast creating with Modern Romance. I love the gorgeous color palette in this collection; all of the romantic imagery, flowers, patterns...simply divine. This tag was a little bit on the larger side, nearly 8" tall which is about 2" bigger than what I typically do, but I loved the ruffled trim at the bottom and wanted to make room for it. I had actually made my standard size tag of 3.5" x 6" and just cut a larger tag that could fit on the backside to peek out beneath the ruffles. So this tag has 4 layers rather than 3, which I really liked.

I've used one of the Blue Fern Studios "Lace Rounds" chipboard pieces for the base of my centerpiece, before adhering the key charm from Webster's Pages on top. I used a Prima White Chalk Edger pad over the top to soften the bronze color a bit, and then added a Growing Up Girl Word Sticker for my sentiment.

"Spread Your Wings" Card
This card features a fabulous patterned paper called "Accessorize" from the Webster's Pages "Growing Up Girl" collection. I loved all of the pretty necklaces and charms dangling on this paper and really wanted to include that on my project. I again used some chipboards from Blue Fern Studios: "Framed Trinkets" and "Spring Frame". After adding some embellishing by way of Prima flowers, Sugardots, and an old favorite charm, I added another perfect sentiment which is always found by way of Webster's Pages stickers, this one from the Growing Up Girl Sentiment Sticker sheet. I used 1/4" foam adhesive to give it some nice elevation over my chipboard pieces.

I hope you enjoyed some sweet projects today :) 

Thanks as always for visiting,

6 comments:

Laurie said...

beautiful projects Erin, as always. I don't know how you do everything that you do, you are some kind of super hero mom! It really is hard to fit everything into a 24 hour day especially when 6-8 of those hours are spent sleeping! :)

Caroline said...

Hi Erin
I have been under the impression that your garden and animals are what take up most of your 'free' time. Had no idea you worked as well?? How do you do it all, do you ever sleep?? gosh, you are a much better person than I am for sure!!
So it's even more wonderful that you managed to craft 'just for fun' & wow, did you make the most of it!
Your tag is beautifully layered & I adore the key. Your card is totally gorgeous! The chipboard and charm with pops of colour from flowers & embellies looks super! It is so good to see your creations & of course I hope for more. However, your priorities are absolutely as they should be so if it is a while, we'll all be waiting! Take care. C :))

Brendaxx said...

Your tag and card are beautiful, as always:) As a working mom of 3kids, I totally understand how busy life can be. Just take one step at a time and everything will be ok. Breath in, and breath out;)Take care!
Hugs, Brenda

Romy said...

Gosh, i can't believe how you manage to do it all! It sounds like you're really busy and then you still manage to make the most amazing scrapbook projects! I love this tag and card a lot. Just gorgeous!
Big hugs!

Patty O'Malley said...

I really don't know how you do everything you do, Erin! Do you sleep? I love your beautiful tag and card. I'm curious how you make the bows on your tags.

Unknown said...

You've been really, really busy! Whoever says that SAHM have too much time on their hands should really spend a day in your shoes. I've always wondered how do you find the time for anything at all, with three kids, a farm (I see you did canning the other time as well), raise and guard your chickens.. WOW!!!

but your projects are still as lovely as ever!