Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Sad Good-Bye to C'est Magnifique...

A sad day that I thought would never come...my last post for C'est Magnifique.

I will never forget when I discovered C'M for the first time. My sister received a kit from them as a prize for a challenge site she'd participated in. I was SO jealous of what she got. It was after that that I joined their forums and started uploading to their gallery. And not long after, I received a phone call at my home from the owner, Leslie. From that phone call an amazing friendship was formed and an invite to a team for which I was so proud to design for resulted. I'm so grateful to have been a part of the C'M family for the last few years. So it's with a very heavy heart that I must now say my good-bye. C'est Magnifique has been sold to a great new owner and I'm sure that the sky is the limit for them. But my time has come and here we are.

I leave you today with a card that I created using the June MMM kit...

"Discover"
I started out with the rub-ons on my card base, applying them to the upper-left and lower-right. Next I used a craft knife to lightly spread gesso over everything, but wiping it away from the rub-ons.

The 13 Arts paint in this kit is smooth as butter! I used a mask and a craft knife to create the stenciled design and allowed it to dry on its own. Next I began applying the purple and blue Gelatos along the edges where the stenciled areas were. With a baby wipe, I began to blend them and then discovered that upon doing so, the painted stenciled areas began to blend as well. 

Finally, I added the Blue Fern Studios "Techno Rings" chipboard (cut in half) and the Maya Road wood hearts before finishing it all off with a flower cluster.

One more look at the complete MMM Kit:

Thank-you so much for allowing me to share with you all this time. 

C'est Magnifique is in great hands and I know there are so many exciting things to come! So stay tuned!

9 comments:

Romy said...

I'm sad to hear you're leaving CM. I have always loved your work for them a lot and this gorgeous card is no exception!

Brendaxx said...

Sad to hear you have to leave CM:(
Your final card is a beautiful one, as always!

LauraEva said...

While I am relieved that CM will still be continuing, I am sadden that you will not be on the team!! Your work is absolutely beautiful; truly inspiring!

Theresa said...

Such a beautiful card. I hope you find a home where you can put out the same kind of work. And the kits. I am sorry that I never had the chance to get one. thanks as always for sharing.

Lizzyc said...

Really lovely card, and life has seasons...

Lizzy Hill said...

What's that lovely saying from Ecclesiastes? For every thing under the Heavens there is a time.....& you have had a fabulous time with CM....but like you say, it's time to move on now....& you've got a GORGEOUS card to say 'bye' with...loooove that blue bg...looks stunning!!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Your card is breathtaking, Erin! I'm sorry you won't be with CM any longer. But, as the saying goes, when one door closes, another one opens.

Davi said...

A gorgeous card Erin, love the colors, flowers and texture ;) Always sad to say goodby but then that means something new lies ahead and that exciting!!

Asas à imaginação said...

Erin, parabéns por estar no time da Prima!
Amei seus projetos!