Thursday, June 5, 2014

Blue Fern Studios: A Card & a Sketch Challenge!

Good morning! I hope your week has gone well (it has certainly gone fast!)!

Today I would like to share with you a "just for fun" card that I created using the new "Ombre Dreams" collection from Blue Fern Studios, as well as their June Sketch Challenge!

"Welcome Each New Day"
I've used the lovely "Charlottes' Dream" paper from the collection as the layers on my card. I love the mix of blues and purples in this one, the stenciled effect with areas of white. So beautiful. 

I've used one of the new Prima dies to create the doily seen here. Instead of punching out all of the little pieces, I've only opened up the edges while leaving the area in the middle intact to create a nice little bed for my microbeads, seed beads, and stars. 

The antique tub embellishment was a new release for Prima back at Winter CHA. Prima flowers and leaves, all new releases, and some Webster's Pages trim were the finishing touches :)

And if you haven't yet seen, Blue Fern Studios has another inspiring sketch for you to work with this month!


Flip it, rotate it, mirror it, or keep it as is- in a layout, card, journal cover, altered project- however you would like to interpret the sketch and get it onto paper!

There's yet another amazing chipboard prize package to be won, all new releases!


So won't you play along with us?? We'd love to see you there!

Have a wonderful day :)

9 comments:

Laurie said...

beautiful card Erin, love the colors and details :)

Romy said...

Gosh, it's such a gorgeous and very delicate card! I love the lacing!

Patty O'Malley said...

This card is so beautiful, Erin! Love the papers, flowers, and the pretty doily with the little beads.

Lizzyc said...

Beautiful card, lovely sketch too..

anikenitet said...

Absoluty "charmant" ! I love it ! Have a good day !!

dstandard said...

Such a beautiful card!!!! Gorgeous!

Davi said...

Beautiful card Erin! I love the colors and the flowers and I always love when you used the micro beads!!I like the lo of the card too :)

Davi said...

Beautiful card Erin! I love the colors and the flowers and I always love when you used the micro beads!!I like the lo of the card too :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Totally BEAUTIFUL...love that little Prima embellies, too:):)